MAY 21 - Each year, the Catholic Church celebrates the World Communications Day on Ascension Sunday. This year, it shall celebrate its 43rd anniversary with the theme “New Technologies, New Relationships, Promoting a Culture of Respect, Dialogue, and Friendship”. Among the highlights of the message of the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI are:
1. That the new culture of communications fosters connectedness, communications and understanding between individuals and communities, reflective of the desire of God to communicate and to communion;
2. That every dialogue must be in constant search for truth, not just a succession of experiences;
3. That online friendships may isolate us from the real social interaction; rather, the new digital networks should seek to promote human solidarity, peace and justice, human rights and respect for human rights and the good of creation;
4. All Catholics especially the young, are encouraged to bring witness to the faith through the digital world, known now as “the digital continent.”
Click here for the full text of the Holy Father's message.
The Diocese of Pasig Ministry of Media and Public Affairs calls on all parishes to support the Diocesan Media Ministry by taking up a second collection for the apostolate of Media. The proceeds will be used to fund the production of our own diocesan newspaper, “Daloy” which will be out very soon. If you are using check deposits, please remit it in the name of the Roman Catholic Bishop of Pasig.
I thank you wholeheartedly for your support and assistance to a worthy cause that always seeks to update the faithful on the language of mass media as a super potent tool for information, formation, and transformation.
- Fr. Lito Jopson, Minister, Ministry of Media and Public Affairs