by Bishop Mylo Hubert Vergara, D.D.
God forgives our sins and in our weakness. He patiently allows us to grow in our love for him.
1) Reading from Wisdom: God's care for us is manifested in giving us hope by granting repentance after we sin;
2) Resp. Psalm: Our Lord is good and forgiving;
3) Reading from Romans: The proof of God's forgiving love and compassion is that the Spirit helps us in our weakness;
4) Gospel of Matthew: Not immediately removing the weeds among the wheat is God's assurance of his mercy and love, giving us a chance to come back to him, to change and to become a better Christian;
5) Mercy invites us to: M-eekness in humility, E-nter the heart of our compassionate God, R-epent of our sins, C-orrect our faults, and Y-earn for a life dedicated to God;
6) A final thought: "God's face is that of a merciful Father/Mother who is always patient. A little bit of mercy will make the world less cold and more just." (from the book--A Year with Pope Francis)
Advise to preachers: May your preaching instill in the hearts of your hearers the mercifullove of Jesus.