by Bishop Mylo Hubert Vergara, D.D.
How deep is your concern for your others? What are you willing to do to show your love for them?
1) Reading from Ezekiel: Try your best to warn them of doing wicked deeds;
2) Responsorial psalm: Motivate them to soften their hearts and listen to the voice of God;
3) Reading from Romans: Follow the command of the Lord to love your neighbor as yourself;
4) Gospel of Matthew: Do fraternal correction in a loving way;
5) Three steps to a fruitful dialogue: truthful confrontation, sincere communication, loving compassion;
6) A final thought: When in dialogue with a person, remember Steven Covey's 5th habit-- 'Seek first to understand, then be understood.'
Advise to preachers: Your homily should confront people about evil, communicate God's love and, above all, show the compassion of Christ.