by Bishop Mylo Hubert Vergara, D.D.
God cares for us. Let us entrust ourselves to him. As long as he is in charge, we need not worry.
1) Rdg from Isaiah: Even if a mother, forgets her baby, God, in his mercy and love, will not abandon us;
2) Resp Psalm: For this reason, the psalmist says that in God alone is our soul at rest;
3) Rdg from Corinthians: In line with God's stewardship who responsibly and lovingly cares for us, St. Paul instructs us to follow suit and become trustworthy stewards of the God's manifold mysteries;
4) Gospel of Matthew: We should not be slaves of money and the insecurities which the world offers. Like the birds in the air and lilies in the field, we should not worry about what tomorrow will bring because God takes care of us and he is in charge;
5) A final thought: Why do people worry? Because they exhaust a lot of energy in the PAST and in the FUTURE, and do not live in the present--in the NOW! Remember: what happened in the past is history and is not real. The future has not happened yet and is not real. Only the present, what happens now is real. So don't worry, be happy!
Advise to preachers: Three traits of effective preaching: it must INVOLVE your hearers; it must engage your listeners to INTERACT with God and others; it must INSPIRE people to become Christ-like in their actions.